Thursday 12 December 2013

Thank-You Mr. Fisher

Mo here,

3 flights, 8 episodes of Breaking Bad, 3 movies, 4 meals, 6 beers, 2 crosswords, several naps and 27 hours later I have made it to Cairns. Feels like I’ve been hit by a truck. Would have been a much bigger truck had it not been for Mr. Fisher.

The first leg of the WFOTY from Toronto to Vancouver was rough. I was in a tight seat for 5 hours with a washroom behind me and a reclined lady in front. Cramped and unable to sleep I was wondering how I was going to survive the 17 hour flight to Sydney.  I needed a seat change.


After disembarking in Vancouver I noticed a tall guy standing at the help desk, so I walked over and overheard the agent telling him that as a member of the airline he could go to the lounge to request a seat change. I asked the man if he could help me out in anyway and he said “follow me”. We walked into the Air Canada Lounge like we owned the place, he introduced himself as Mr. Fisher to the agent and me as his guest. As a super double platinum black diamond member Mr. Fisher was upgraded to business class and I was given his old seat at the bulkhead row with all the legroom and space a man could ask for. Thank-you Mr. Fisher.


It didn’t end there. While waiting for our flight to be ready to Sydney Mr. Fisher and I enjoyed various salads, soups, pastas, snacks and an open bar. This lounge was stocked! Too bad we only had time for a couple drinks. 


Needless to say the second leg from Vancouver to Sydney was a lot better. The free beers with my dinner of champions was also a nice touch. Breakfast was alright too. 


The third leg from Sydney to Cairns was again cramped but was only a 3 hour flight. Took a shuttle to the hotel, showered up and kicked off the tour with a dinner downtown. Cairns excursions to follow on next post. 

Mo out. 












1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris, I just checked my work email and saw you're doing this blog. Awesome! Have a great trip. See you back in the office in January! ~ David H

    ReplyDelete